A cabinet in Stafford has been upgraded thanks to funding support from the AEDdonate charity shop. Cabinets have developed so much over the years and it was time to upgrade the existing cabinet outside sports direct in Stafford.
Defibrillators are easy to use with each machine giving step by step instructions. The machine plays a vital part in the management of a cardiac arrest.
Jamie Richards Chief Executive of AEDdonate said “It’s great to be able to support the new cabinet ensuring this AED remains available to the community. It is so important to ensure the machines are maintained and the AEDdonate charity shop helping to ensure this continues ”
All sites need to be checked on a regular basis to ensure the machine is ready when needed. A site audit should consist of the following,
1. Check the cabinet is free from obstruction
2. Check the cabinet is clean and free from debris
3. Check the lock is in good working order
4. Visual check of power supply to the cabinet
5. Check Battery light/indicator on defib
6. Check Pad expiry date
7. Ensure a rescue kit is available
The above checks take about a minute to complete, but minutes really do save lives.